Karis Health Choice provides members access to discounts. These services are applicable for members and their families and are easy to use including:
- AETNA Dental Access®– Members save 15% to 50% per visit⁽¹⁾ in most instances at over 195,000 available dental practice locations (as of May 2016) across the U.S. Services include cleanings, x-rays, fillings, root canals and crowns.
- Prescription Drug Plan –Members can save from 10% to 85% on name brand and generic prescriptions at over 65,000 select pharmacies nationwide or while using the mail order service.
- Coast to Coast Vision – This program offers members 10% to 60% off eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other retail eyewear items as well as 10% to 30% off eye examinations and 40% to 50% off the national average on LASIK⁽²⁾.
- HearUSA – Members can save 17% to 40% on the cost of brand name hearing aids, and even more on additional hearing services. Explore the world of better hearing and experience significant savings on any hearing aid purchase through a wide range of available products and styles. Members will receive complimentary hearing aid selection and exam, discounts on additional testing, 1-year supply of batteries with purchase, and 3-year loss and damage warranty with purchase (replacement fee applies and varies by manufacturer). Members will also enjoy no-charge follow up care with any hearing aid purchase, an unconditional 45- day refund policy on hearing aids, annual cleaning and check of hearing aids, and a no charge replacement of any hearing aid if it has been repaired three times or more in the first year from the date of delivery. Interest-free financing is also available.
- Laboratory Services – Serious medical conditions can go undetected for years without noticeable symptoms. The earlier a problem is detected, the easier and more likely it is to be treatable. DirectLabs® is the leader in direct access laboratory testing and provides access to major clinical labs nationwide. Confidential results are available online in as little as 24 hours for most tests⁽³⁾.
- Imaging – Members can save on imaging services such as MRIs, CT Scans, and X-Rays. A Care Representative will assist Members in finding the lowest price on procedures at an ACR accredited facility and confirm the Member’s out of pocket responsibility before appointment scheduling.⁽4⁾
- UNI-CARE Chiro (Chiropractic) – Millions of Americans rely on chiropractic care to reduce pain and stress, and to function more productively. Members can save 20% to 40% on chiropractic fees at participating chiropractors across the country. The benefit includes a free initial consultation, discounts on examinations and x-rays, as well as 40% savings on diagnostic services, and 20% savings on all other services and follow up treatments.
- UNI-CARE CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) – More and more people today are exploring complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) services to maintain health and wellness. This program helps members save 20% on CAM services, including: Acupuncture, Chiropractic Care, Massage Therapy, Nutritional Counseling, Meditation/Relaxation and Naturopathy
- Diabetes Care – Members enjoy access to fast, reliable, and affordable diabetic, health and wellness, and pet health supplies. Save an additional 10% on products by ordering online or by phone. Members can save on many items, including:
Diabetic Supplies (test strips, insulin pump supplies, lancets and more)
Home Medical Supplies (bath seats, walkers, and more)
Pet Health (pet diabetic supplies, pet care, and pet food)
Health and Wellness (blood pressure monitors, incontinence products, baby formula, and much more)
Vitamins and Nutritional Supplements – Our members can save an additional 15% on a wide range of Swanson brand vitamins and mineral supplements online.
To search for providers in your area, click here.
⁽¹⁾Actual costs and savings vary by provider, service and geographical area. Dental benefit not available to Washington and Vermont residents.
⁽²⁾ Vision benefit not available to Vermont residents
⁽³⁾ Laboratory benefit is not available in the states of MD, NJ, NY, and RI
⁽4⁾ Imaging benefit cannot be used in conjunction with insurance. Providers may not be available in all areas.
The discount program provides access to the AETNA Dental Access® network. This network is administered by Aetna Life Insurance Company (ALIC). Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates offers or administers the discount program. Neither ALIC nor any of its affiliates is an affiliate, agent, representative, or employee of the discount program. Dental providers are independent contractors and not employees or agents of ALIC or its affiliates. ALIC does not provide dental care or treatment and is not responsible for outcomes.
Karis Health Choice is not insurance. The Ancillary Benefits including Discount Health Benefits are not a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA); however, Health Care Sharing through Samaritan Ministries satisfies the Individual Mandate within the ACA.
See Disclosures for further information regarding this plan. Specific to Discount Heath Benefits: This plan is NOT insurance. This is not a qualified health plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Some services may be covered by a qualified health plan under the ACA. This plan does not meet the minimum creditable coverage requirements under M.G.L. c. 111M and 956 CMR 5.00. This is not a Medicare prescription drug plan. The plan provides discounts at certain health care providers for medical services. The plan does not make payments directly to the providers of medical services. The plan member is obligated to pay for all health care services but will receive a discount from those health care providers who have contracted with the discount medical plan organization. The range of discounts will vary depending on the provider type and services provided. The licensed discount plan organization is Coverdell & Company, Inc., at 8770 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 1000, Chicago, IL 60631, 1-800-308-0374. To view a listing of participating providers visit www.karishealthchoice.com. You have the right to cancel this plan within 30 days of the effective date for a full refund of discount health benefits paid. Such refunds are issued within 30 days of cancellation.
The discount health benefits are not available in Vermont, Alaska, Washington, Rhode Island and Utah at this time. Please check back soon regarding availability in these states.