Founded in 1996 and based in Austin, Texas, The Karis Group, Inc. is an award-winning company and leading provider of innovative solutions in healthcare professional services. With the vision to make healthcare work, we serve clients nationwide with our suite of comprehensive services.
The Karis Group is a company dedicated to its faith-based values and vision. Beginning over 21 years ago, our company has provided a rewarding, relationship-based work environment for each and every employee. We are dedicated to creating an environment that encourages personal growth, giving back to the community and generating inspiration; both individually and corporately.
We are driven by four core values:
- Grace – “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- Integrity – “May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope, Lord, is in you.” Psalm 25:21
- Joy – “Always be joyful because you belong to the Lord. I will say it again. Be joyful!” Phil 4:4
- Generosity – “Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.” 2 Cor 9:13
Does the Following Describe You?
- Unwavering commitment to excellence, learning and growth
- Strong sense of integrity
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Effective case or account manager able to manage and successfully complete a variety of tasks in a timely and proficient manner
- Confident and effective communicator with individuals from various education and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent listening, communication and writing skills with stellar attention to detail
- Proven ability to convey positive and negative outcomes in a caring manner
- Healthcare, hospital, insurance and medical billing experience
- Experience in a customer service and/or call center role
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
Who We Want
Our ideal BilingualPatient Advocate is searching for an account executive, negotiation-style position in a growing healthcare company. In this role, the Patient Advocate will apply their strong interpersonal skills while working on a dynamic, growing team of professionals with various backgrounds.
A successful Bilingual Patient Advocate will embrace challenging and high-impact cases where you will have the opportunity to work with members from various education and economic backgrounds as well as medical providers negotiating and mediating medical bills on behalf of the patient to obtain a fair price and outcome for all parties involved. You would approach this career determined to directly contribute to overall company goals and growth initiatives.
What You’ll Do
Our Bilingual Patient Advocates manage member cases and tasks generated from inbound electronic case openings via Salesforce. Case length ranges from several days to months depending on member need, medical bill size and volume. Advocates work with members, medical providers, and others in the healthcare field to negotiate and mediate out-of-pocket balances on healthcare bills. Patient Advocates have a professional phone presence, are patient, caring and dedicated to helping a variety of members and are adept at handling difficult and sensitive situations and cases. Patient Advocates are dedicated to achieving established personal and company monthly and annual performance metrics.
What You’ll Learn
- Top-notch training in customer service and case management
- Experience interfacing with C-level executives inside the healthcare space
- Training on web 3.0 technologies
- Mentoring that provides continuous learning opportunities
Here’s Just a Snapshot of Your Role
- Handles and manages personal caseload and member accounts
- Makes daily calls patients, healthcare providers, billing offices and other health care personnel
- Negotiates and mediates equitable solutions to out-of-pocket medical bills via phone calls and electronic correspondence with the patient, their provider(s) and other applicable healthcare personnel
- Conduct deep-level problem solving to reach beneficial solutions in a timely manner
- Work daily with patients and members from various education and socioeconomic backgrounds to recognize and execute solutions based on patient’s financial means and needs
- Research possible solutions and answers for patient needs to obtain best results possible. Understand and keep up-to-date with a variets of new and existing healthcare regulations and laws
- Accesses and contributes to a growing solutions database and resource center
- Delivers results and solutions to patients and providers in a simple, understandable format
- Extensive training and guidance on technology including SalesForce as well as customer service and case management best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- At least 1-2 years of healthcare, insurance or related experience
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Call Center, Customer Service functions
- Must be comfortable working in a Christian environment where Christian faith and values are openly expressed and corporate conduct and decisions are based on Christian principles. Must be comfortable working in this environment and on a daily basis with members from all walks of life. Christian members comprise a large percentage of our client base, and a successful Advocate must be comfortable and conversant with their needs.
- Experience with CRM system (SalesForce experience is a plus)
- HIPAA and Protected Health Information knowledge
- Account management or case management experience
What We Will Include
This role will be the perfect fit for a candidate who is passionate about healthcare and helping people from all walks of life. A competitive salary, employee benefits package, 401(K) profit-sharing plan with eligibility after one year of employment are provided, along with a wellness program, volunteer opportunities, extensive training and an award-winning culture.
How to Apply
Please complete the online Karis Group Application by clicking the orange “Apply for the position” button on this page.