We are currently seeking a Member Services Manager to join our team at our Austin, TX location.
This position is primarily responsible for managing a team of Member Advisors and support personnel in triaging and guiding members with a variety of health care-related inquiries to a resolution in a timely manner and with excellent service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Works closely with Director of Service Delivery to effectively manage and lead a team of Advisors and support personnel to ensure Company service goals are met.
- Works with members via telephone and email/text solving a wide variety of health care-related issues and topics as requested.
- Serves as a continuous leader and trainer for team of Advisors – ability to answer questions, offer guidance and creative solutions.
- Along with the team of Advisors, evaluates the best solution for various member inquiries and delivers results to the member in a clear response and timely manner, usually within one phone call or within 24 hours.
- Assigns and tracks utilization by client group, productivity of Advisors individually and as a whole, plus
- Responsible for creating, managing and delivering reports and report outs of metrics for the team, i.e. calls per Advisor, handle time, queue wait times, resolution within call results, etc.
- Alongside Service Director, develops and maintains training programs, materials and equipment; ensures new equipment is available for new hires, ensure updates to existing software is running smoothly.
- Alongside Service Director, trains new employees, cross-trains with other departments as needed.
- Ensures there are no gaps in service to our clients or members; bridging any gaps in service with training, new knowledge, creative solutions.
- Responsible for phones to be effectively covered during business hours, including scheduling Advisors appropriately for service.
- Responsible for team’s metrics, results, responds to Member surveys or escalations immediately; readily available for Advisors on any member issues or complaints.
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Health or Business-related field
- 5+ years related management experience in healthcare and billing or insurance office
- Available to work between – 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Capable of managing a variety of tasks in a timely and proficient manner
- Results driven
- Research, Analysis, Strategic Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Accuracy, attention to detail
- Expertise with computers, technology and CRM systems (SalesForce experience a plus)
- Must be comfortable working on a daily basis with members from all walks of life. Christian members comprise a large percentage of our client base, and a successful Advisor must be comfortable and conversant with their needs.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) preferred
The Karis Group is an Austin-based award winning professional services firm. We provide solutions for individuals and organizations dealing with challenges presented by the medically uninsured and underinsured population. We provide comprehensive services including assistance navigating the health care world.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive market-based salary, commensurate with experience and education
- Generous comprehensive benefits package available including: medical, dental, supplemental benefits, 401k, time-off, wellness programs, volunteer opportunities and more.
To Apply: Click the orange “Apply for the position” button to the right of this screen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Only local candidates to the Austin, TX area will be considered!